Monday, January 14, 2013

A Good Use for Blue Cheese

I make my own blue cheese dressing. I use ranch dressing and crumble some blue cheese with a fork off of a block of it. Then I mix it into the ranch dressing with the fork, further crumbling it. This way I can use quality blue cheese. This is a good way to use a block of blue cheese if you got one for Xmas. This time I got something called English Farmhouse Stilton, quite nice in a salad. And salad is pretty good with blue cheese in it, not to mention with Ranch dressing even. I like the hidden valley original. I also like cherry tomatoes vs. the large ones as they are generally sweeter. I cut them in half. I use jalapenos instead of bell peppers. Something in the onion family is a must, and most options are acceptable. The salad is helped by a liberal application of freshly ground black pepper, or the dusty, pulverized type of pre-ground pepper. I'm particularly against using wet vegetables in a salad, it's a pet peeve of mine, like getting soup that isn't hot. I'm not against croutons.

No comments: